Re: Unbelieveable! (The strange ops you hear on UO-14).

>From: "Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" <vlfiscus@mcn.net>
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Unbelieveable!  (The strange ops you hear on
>UO-14).
>Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:38:26 -0700
>

>We can look forward to seeing more stuff like this happening after April
>15th.
>
>73 de KB7ADL

Yup, especially on satellite bands, since with the exception of 15m
the sats are completely in the privlidges of all except Novice.  Good
logic....

You know, 1/2 of the Extras out there got to Extra from having a
natural gift (i.e. it was easy for them) for CW.  Many of the others crossed
the line in rule #6 from the "10 Truths of Life:"

6. There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

You know, the fact I'm gonna piss off a bunch of insecure OFs when
I become an Extra 4/15 just makes the victory that much sweeter.

And, just think, all I wanted for the last 15 years is some HF access.
Too bad I wasted all of those hundreds of hours getting stuck at
approximately 8 WPM, when I have little interest in CW.  What interest I did
have has evaporated, as I now know the type of person who would
be at the other end of the CW QSO.  (And I've used the computer to copy the
Extra CW band as well-- but only on 25% of the QSOs out there 75% of the ops
don't have a good enough fist..)

73, W0FMS