Conductive paint

Hi gang

Just home after two weeks in Barbados, used my 8P6DR callsign and had
1400+ QSO's (hf cw only, sadly no satellite).

Saw this thread while looking through the digest (I strongly recommend the
amsat-bb-digest to anyone going away on holiday). The British company
RS Components http://rswww.com/ have several conductive paints which might
suit ... but they ain't cheap.

Electrically conductive paint, silver loaded and suitable for paint-on
screening, price pounds 27.12, code 186-3600, for a 20 gram bottle or
price pounds 8.07, code 186-3593, for a 5 gram bottle. Prices from July
1999 catalog.

I used a similar product to screen inside an old PC, worked well.

A cheaper approach would be to glue kitchen foil inside and join the
strips with paint from the smaller product.

Silver loaded epoxy listed too.

Usual disclaimer - I don't work for 'em.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188