Beginners questions

Hi, all,

I'm Rick, N9GSU, in Muncie, Indiana, about 50 miles northeast of Indianapolis.

I'm completely new to satellites.  Here's my quandary...my wife and I have
just sold our house, and purchased another....so for the next 2-3 months, I
won't be able to put up any new antennas, and I have 2 questions.

First, can I expect to work any of the FM birds, reasonably, with a 2 meter
vertical or dipole?  (same for 440)

Second...in planning my antenna farm for the new place, what kinds of things
should I look into?  I'll be working with a fairly limited budget....so am
not looking into computer controlled rotators or anything like that.  If
anyone could give me some advice on good, basic birds and stations, I'd me
most appreciative!

Thanks and 73,
Rick N9GSU