Re: Concise Guide to Working the Easy Sats - includes UO-14

Not directed at you, Randy.

You know, I've got 3 1/2 y/o twins that act better than this.  Those of you
that have children, know what I'm talking about.  What's the best way to
resolve an ongoing dispute between kids - take the item in dispute away.

Why don't you guys SHUTUP before the dang bird is turned off.  Be thankful
that the control operators turned it on as a voice repeater.  *Try* to work
it.  If you can't get in, try again or another time.  This whiney, cryey
crap has got to go.  I really thought this bunch was different than the
3898MHz bunch (those that live in the Southeast and are or have been on HF
know what I'm talking about - you can turn on a CB and hear the same crap)
or any other bunch that is "Extra" in name, not practice.

Yes, I know patience wears thin on not being able to get into the birds.
There are other birds up there.  Yeah, it may cost money to get into the SSB
birds, but not necessarily.  There's at least one of us (that I can think
of) who has transmitted CW over one of the mode J birds on an FM only
transmitter.  What, you don't know CW?  Learn something new!  What, you
don't want to?  Then SHUTUP!  You cannot have your cake and eat it too!

Granted, there are those that I hear on the FM only birds that always appear
to be on there.  Perhaps we should have a QRP day.  One person wanted QRP
defined.  Ok, no more than 5W ERP!  Make QRP day on Sunday.  That way, it
gives the guys a "good" day to work it.

So, my proposal is for QRP Day on Sundays on UO-14, AO-27, and SO-35 and
emergencies may be transmitted anytime.  QRP is defined as NOT MORE THAN 5W
ERP.  Yep, that cuts me out.  Even with my low power of 7W on the rig my ERP
is 124W (that's counting neg gain and pos gain).

Did I make someone mad?  Did I step on some toes?  Sorry - you know where
the DELETE key is.

Joel B. Black, K2SAT
AMSAT..........32589
AMSAT Local Area Coordinator