Re: UO-14 - a long way to go

Hello Jon.

29 Feb 00 23:52, you wrote to David A. Minster:

 JO> There was a station tonight who called CQ and literally was so busy
 JO> flapping his gums that he couldn't hear people answer him!  I took
 JO> down his call and sent him an e-mail.  I won't give the call publicly
 JO> - at least not yet.
 JO>
 JO> Why don't we all do that?  If you hear someone incessantly calling CQ,
 JO> copy their call, look up their e-mail address on QRZ and send them a
 JO> note explaining the etiquette.  Perhaps if they get a dozen or two
 JO> messages on it they may learn something?

Had a ZL last night call CQ on UO-14.  I replied, as did a VK2 (and the VK2
heard me as well), but no answer from the ZL.  A few seconds, another CQ call.

He obviously couldn't hear his downlink and sounded new to satellites.  I
should have taken his call and sent a friendly email with a few pointers.
Hopefully he'll pop up again, with some Rx improvements.

In the end, the obvious happened, I worked the VK2, and we ended up having a
bit of a chat, as there were no other takers for the whole pass (despite
leaving long breaks and advertising the fact after most overs).

 JO> since it isn't April 15th yet.  Yet he is a LID.  So to those who say
 JO> the no codes are the problem - PUT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!

'
There are good no code operators and bad ones.  And among those who have passed
the highest Morse qualifications, there are good and bad.

Tony