Re: UO-14 - a long way to go

on 2/29/00 8:25 PM, David A. Minster at dminster@sprynet.com wrote:

> After someone makes a call to a station, others just jump on and call and
> call.  I tried working N3ZLL for a new state towards WAS (everyone have
> Deleware?), but was jumped all over by a W1.  My immediate reaction was to
> fire up the brick... but instead just shut the rig off in disgust - and left
> it to the 5-10 alligators who just call over and over again.  Perhaps
> they'll get their W4AMI Special Certificate just working EACH OTHER!  And
> believe me - you KNOW who you are!

There was a station tonight who called CQ and literally was so busy flapping
his gums that he couldn't hear people answer him!  I took down his call and
sent him an e-mail.  I won't give the call publicly - at least not yet.

Why don't we all do that?  If you hear someone incessantly calling CQ, copy
their call, look up their e-mail address on QRZ and send them a note
explaining the etiquette.  Perhaps if they get a dozen or two messages on it
they may learn something?

Nah...probably not.  Lids are Lids.

Oh yeah, and guess what!  The lid calling CQ tonight - WAS AN EXTRA!!!

Yup, this guy PASSED his 20 WPM code test.  And he is a REAL extra since it
isn't April 15th yet.  Yet he is a LID.  So to those who say the no codes
are the problem - PUT IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden