From: Bob Bruninga [mailto:bruninga@nadn.navy.mil]
Sent: 26 February 2000 16:33
To: Chris Jackson
Cc: 'Edson Pereira'; 'amsat-bb@amsat.org'
Subject: UO-14 Telemetry

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Chris Jackson wrote:

>... I intend to modify the operations plan some time soon to include a
> short telemetry burst on the downlink every 5 minutes or so.

If you would consider putting the burst into one of the APRS formats, then
it could be captured and displayed on all the thousands of Kenwood HT's
and Mobile radios directly.  EIther of these woiuld work:

TELEMETRY:  header:T#sss,111,222,333,444,555,10101010
STATUS:     header:>anything you want to put here (20 characters max)
BULLETIN:   header::BLN1UO-14:Any number of lines here, each with its
            header::BLN2UO-14:own unique BLN#
            header::BLN3UO-14:which is the 4th byte in the BULLETIN addr

The telemetry packet is a "T#" followed by a 000 to 999 serial number and
then five 3-digit decimal analog values followed by a string of 8 on/off
status bits.  In this case, you can only send the 5 most important
telemetry values, but you can still send more detial in a non-aprs
formatted packet if needed.  But just this one gives a viewable summary
for anyone with an APRS HT or Mobile...

The STATUS can only be one-per-callsign.  But you could use up to all 15
UO14-N SIID's

de WB4APR, Bob