going to sarasota , anything nearby of interest to an amateur?

I will be going to sarasota FL next weekend for a telco switch school ,
and was wondering if there is anything nearby that may be of interest to
an amateur/satellite/linux nut ( myself ) as I will have a weekend to
blow and don't want to waste my free time ......

I am not at all familiar with florida and so don't know how far the
amsat "shop" is or is it even in florida ?

Anywho thanks in advance and please reply to my email as I do not
subscribe to the 'bb ....
--
Douglas Cole
N7BFS