Re: UO-14, FM birds and Operating Courtesy

>Hello T5z4@aol.com.
>
>26 Feb 00 18:43, you wrote to ALL:
>
> Tz> Jon has a good point here and I would simply like to add that a little
> Tz> self control be applied to one's technique by limiting your number of
> Tz> contacts to no more than two per pass and maybe four or five if you
> Tz> are rare DX.  Remember, there are other people who would also like to
> Tz> make a contact and some like myself enjoy the rare occasion when it
> Tz> can be done with the least amount of equipment and power.  I suspect
> Tz> there are a few bricks on the air because I am hearing a few calls
> Tz>  working
> Tz> through the bird during the whole pass with extremely consistent
> Tz> signal strengths. Anyway, I'm pretty sure this will fall on deaf ears
> Tz> and should really only be indicative of my own daily conduct both in
> Tz> private and in the public eye.
> Tz>
> Tz> As always, the aforementioned opinion is strictly that of my own and
> Tz> more than likely will pass safely from one ear and out the other with
> Tz> little to no known effect to the behavior patterns of those
> Tz> exposed...hi
>
>We have had similar problems on SO-35 in the past down here, though it
>appears
>that things have settled down now.  UO-14 is still relatively quiet, so QSOs
>there tend to be a bit like shortish terrestrial repeater QSOs where a few
>stations gather around for a ragchew, but gaps are left for others to
>break in,
>once the necessaries are exchanged (callsign, signal report, etc).
>
>In any case, you might be interested in a piece I wrote on the operating
>procedures which specifically addresses FM satellites, originally intended
>for
>SO-35, but equally applicable to busy UO-14 or AO-27 (for those who have
>access) passes.
>
>http://www.qsl/net/vk3jed/satiquette.html
>
>Tony
>
>.. I was not _creating_ a disturbance, merely improving one.
>--
>|Fidonet:  Tony Langdon 3:633/284.18
>|Internet: tlang@freeway.apana.org.au
>|
>| Standard disclaimer: The views of this user are strictly his own.
>

>----

I agree completely with Tony. The 'FM Satellite Transp9onder Operating
Etiquette' should be required reading for all operators using AO27 and
now UO14. Incidentally the correct URL is:
http://www.qsl.net/vk3jed/satiquette.html

Pete de WK9K

Peter D. Bayne
ARS WK9K