Re: UO-14, FM birds and Operating Courtesy

on 2/26/00 10:28 PM, jim hertel at stanara@wac.com wrote:

> well Excuse me sir..... I was trying to work W1AW  too at the same time and
> you
> stepped all over me too....  butted your call sign and such,,  my first
> contact
> with w1aw.. too ..
> but no hard feelings better luck next time!!!

Yes, but were you in the MIDDLE of the QSO?????

Here was what happened:

* W1AW has just finished working a station.

* W1AW from KE9NA  (now sure, I may have stepped on your here or you may
step on me).

* The KE9 station, FN31 (or whatever it is), name is Rob.
* W1AW this is W8XXX. (AT THE SAME TIME I AM - NOTE: The QSO was NOT
finished).
* W8XXX please copy FN31 name is Rob.
*W1AW W8XXX ...........  73
* W1AW from KE9NA
* KE9NA FN31 name is Rob
* QSL Rob, please copy EN52 Name is Jon KE9NA
* Thanks, QRZ W1AW

Now, not only did the W8 station clobber me and ruin my first QSO, but
VALUABLE time was spent on wasted exchanges.  So this stepping on each other
in the middle of QSOs is not only rude, but it is also a waste of precious
satellite time.  W1AW ended up giving me my information twice instead of
just once.  There is no need for that.

Liddish behavior should not be tolerated even on the FM birds.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden