Re: UO-14, FM birds and Operating Courtesy

Jon Ogden wrote:

> OK folks,
>
> I think it's time for a little reminder.
>
> Let's try to use some operating courtesy when using the FM birds.  Yes, I
> know we have to end up stepping on each other to make it work, but we should
> still try to be considerate of QSOs that people are already in and not
> clobber them until the QSO gets finished.
>
> Yesterday I was trying to work W1AW from my mobile on UO-14.  I could not
> hear the bird real well nor was I getting in great.  W1AW heard me and gave
> me his grid and name, but he did not get all of my call nor all of my
> information.  He asked for it.  As soon as he stopped transmitting, a W8
> station called him.  Now, I couldn't get in and it took me several more
> tries to get back to W1AW and finish the QSO.  If the W8 station would have
> not been an alligator, he would have let me and W1AW finish and then called.
> But he didn't.

well Excuse me sir..... I was trying to work W1AW  too at the same time and you
stepped all over me too....  butted your call sign and such,,  my first contact
with w1aw.. too ..
but no hard feelings better luck next time!!!

--
Jim Hertel,  n6kmr
Stanara@wac.com   ...Personal

I think this is enough...