UO-14

WOW!

Thanks to Chris for opening up UO-14!

WOW!!!!  What a GREAT sounding bird.  On the pass just finished I worked the
following:

K6YK, W7JPI, KI0AG, VE6EGN, KB0VBZ, and N7SFI.

It sounded like AO-27 but better.  The downlink was S7 to S9 and the pass
did not get above 10 degrees for me.  I was at 50 Watts uplink, but probably
could have gotten by on MUCH less.

VE6EGN worked the bird on a rubber duck from inside his house!  He sounded
GREAT!

So cool!  So cool!  Now all one needs to get into satellites is a dual band
hand held!

This is great and thanks again to Chris for giving us a "new" bird.

With the loss and difficulties of the recent Jawsat launches, it is nice to
get a new bird.  Kinda makes up for the disappointment.  Hopefully, Stensat
will come alive and hopefully JAWSAT will make a recovery.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE leave it in FM repeater mode.  People WILL use it and
it allows the rest of the world to work FM satellites on a regular basis.
SO-35 is only available on weekends and AO-27 is only available during
daylight to us in the northern hemisphere.  UO-14 hopefully will be on at
all times.  This is super.

73,

Jon
KE9NA