From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Mike73@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 7:23 PM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org; nn0dj@AMSAT.Org
Cc: n1mez@together.net; loydw@adelphia.net
Subject: [amsat-bb] UO-14

Howdy,

Nice to have an FM bird around at night! Worked the 0006 02/24/00 pass of
UO-14 here in Vermont. It was a low pass at 6 degrees max. No one was on
from
Europe even though we had a window. I spent most of the time talking with
Ralph, N1RAK in Rhode Island. Also worked NY1H in FN42. Good signals. The
receiver is quite sensitive. I ran power control on the FT-847 all the way
down (~5 watts?).

Other stations heard were VE3WIB who didn't come back to my call and VE8EV
who I heard right at my LOS.

Can't wait for the next pass!

73,
Mike, N1JEZ