RE: UO-14 10th birthday present

I million thank yous! What a *great* sounding bird.

Mark - KB3CWS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Chris Jackson
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2000 8:06 AM
To: 'amsat-bb@amsat.org'
Subject: [amsat-bb] UO-14 10th birthday present

UO-14 was launched in January 1990 and spent its first 18 months in orbit
operating as an amateur store and forward satellite prior to the launch of
UO-22.  It was then switched for use by VITA (Volunteers In Technical
Assistance) who used it for messaging into Africa.

Since the computer which is used for store and forward communications is no
longer able to perform that task, UO-14 is no longer usable in this mode.
It is however possible to use the satellite as a single channel FM voice
repeater, and I have just configured the satellite to do this.

The uplink is 145.975, and the downlink is 435.070.

I will leave the satellite running in this mode for the next few weeks.  If
it is useful, then I will probably leave it running - if it isn't used, it
will be switched to transmitting telemetry.

Happy 10th birthday UO-14!

73,
Chris G7UPN / ZL2TPO