Re: Geostationary Satellites?

Well, seeing as how you've decided to post a reply to my message
in private to the BB, here goes the odd end....

Yes, it happened, that payload was launched and it was a waste, Time
marches on. The point I was hoping to make was that we (all of us)
need to be able to respond quickly to this sort of opprotunity.
IMHO, it would be not such a bad idea to keep a few items (such
as transmitters and receivers for the more popular/useful satellite
bands) on hand that are space-rated so that we might be able to
respond to such an opportunity. I will be informed of the cost/
effort of keeping such hardware 'just lying around', but missing
a free ride for lack of hardware doesn't seem right....
 No, I wasn't thinking of launching a payload from Tonga, but of
using one of the several GEO slots they have as a place to put
a ham payload. They've been known to "lease" them to commercial
operators, so I thought for the right consideration....

All I can remember, and it's about time to go to work, so all
for now.

Later,
Andy