Re: Constant frequency Doppler tuning

Peter,

>You can't use ITUNE simultaneously with Windows programs--you can only
>leave it as a TSR in a full-screen DOS box and load another DOS program.
>This rules out using PSK31 or Hellschreiber with full-doppler tuning, which
>I want to try.  Aside from two computers, which I don't have, is there
>another solution?  Wisp?  The Station Program?  Something else?  Or am I
>expecting too much for a Windows PC to do DSP and autotuning at the same time?

It will no doubt be limited by the speed and memory resources of your
computer.  The Station program does indeed implement full Doppler tuning,
and does it quite well.  Since it is a Windows program, you should be able
to concurrently run PSK31 or Hellschreiber software.

The Station really shines when you program linear transponders in one of
the full duplex consoles.  The current version will not communicate
bi-directionally with the rig, but once you master moving those little
sliders with your mouse, you can make it work.

On a mode J bird, I first "fix receive," and zero beat MY signal by
tweaking the transmit, then click the FDT button.  If your computer time is
accurate, and your keps current, FDT is very accurate using this process.

73, Mike

                                        __\/__
  |  P  | |f|   * I.S. Professional .............. Computer Consultant *
  |  3  |=|d|   * AO10, AO27, Fujis, RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35, UO22, ATV *
  |  D  | |j|   * KITSAT,  kf4fdj-9 van tracker, SSTV, MS,  E&F Layers *
  |     | | |   *    Bringing Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools.   *
                                   .oooO   (   )
                                     \_)