Re: [htaprs] Kenwood 9600 Packet Radios

Bob Bruninga wrote:

 > On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Jari Sivula wrote:
 >
 > > I have a TH-D7 working vy fine as handheld APRS-rig.
 > > Now I tried  to work normal packet vith PC, but found out,
 > > that TH-D7 sends ack every second packet it receives.
 >
 > Sorry, this is because the TNC that Kenwood used was designed only for
 > single packet mobile data.  The TNC has MAXFRAME of 1.  This was in all
 > the advertisements at least here in the USA, but it slows down the bulk
 > transfer of data when more than one frame is included in each packet.
 > de WB4APR, Bob
 >
 > P.S>  I wonder if this is also true of the D700?  That would explain the
 > poor performance in CONNECTED uplink transfers with the PACSATS!

No it isn't Bob.. As I read the D700's Tnc Command List,
Maxframe is default
to 4 with a parameter of 1-7..  Also, I read it as "Maximum
number of
packets to be transmitted at one time."

Unless I am missing the point, we are talking about two
different things.
Jari Sivula sez, > > that TH-D7 sends ack every second
packet it receives.

Whereas you are talking about Maxframe...

I may learn something here too I hope, :-)

Robbie