Re: Shuttle sightings?

This could be interesting ....... definite photo opportunity for the SW U.S.
if this occurs.

<snip from NASA press release>

A new concern was raised later Monday when NASA said weather looked bad for
landing at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, and was forecast to get
worse at an alternate landing site in California.

That might force Endeavour to aim for a seldom used landing strip in New
Mexico, NASA said.

Tuesday's weather at the alternate landing site, Edwards Air Force Base in
California, looked better, but was expected to worsen Wednesday and
Thursday.

That could leave NASA with no option but a landing strip at White Sands, New
Mexico. Astronauts use the strip for practice landings in their training
jets, but only one shuttle mission has landed there -- in the early 1980s --
and budget cutbacks have left the facility ill-equipped to process Endeavour
after landing.

<snip>

G. Beat
w9gb