Kenwood 9600 Packet Radios

On Mon, 21 Feb 2000, Jari Sivula wrote:

> I have a TH-D7 working vy fine as handheld APRS-rig.
> Now I tried  to work normal packet vith PC, but found out,
> that TH-D7 sends ack every second packet it receives.

Sorry, this is because the TNC that Kenwood used was designed only for
single packet mobile data.  The TNC has MAXFRAME of 1.  This was in all
the advertisements at least here in the USA, but it slows down the bulk
transfer of data when more than one frame is included in each packet.
de WB4APR, Bob

P.S>  I wonder if this is also true of the D700?  That would explain the
poor performance in CONNECTED uplink transfers with the PACSATS!