Re: Re: [sarex] MIR

on 2/20/00 12:19 AM, Frank Grossman at 71042.1303@compuserve.com wrote:

> HF, despite its imitations, lacks challenge.  I worked a half-dozen
> Japanese stations this evening with 100 watts and dipoles on 10 and 15
> meters this evening (Saturday).  I also worked two stations in the Middle
> East (Cyprus and Lebanon) with a ground mounted vertical without radials on
> 40 mtrs.  Is HF "too easy?"

Here we go again.  We are at nearly the peak of the sunspot cycle right now.
Try working those Japs in about 5 years.  Not so easy.  Secondly, pileups
are fun.  When P3D is up, it will likely be the same (we all hope).  And by
the way, you contradict yourself.  You have a ground mounted vertical with
100 Watts.  I thought you needed LOTS of power and BIG antennas to work on
HF.  Who cares if it is easy!  The "EASY SATS" are EASY.  That's why they
are called that.  That's why you like them.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden