Re: TS790A questions-trouble with Sats.

Peter,
    You are right, the frequencies are linked, BUT you must push the SAT key
twice, to get the radio to update the other frequency. Basically the radio
stores a constant (581.800.0), which you programmed in and you must take the
radio out and back into Sat mode to update the frequency. For example, if you
wish to tune your uplink (and find the right downlink) you would select the
desired transponder data from memory, put the radio into MAIN mode and then
place the radio into SAT mode. This updates the SUB display. Now, you begin
to tune your transmit for doppler shift and to update the SUB display you
must press the SAT key twice, once to go out of SAT mode, twice to go back
in. When the button is pushed the second time, the radio re-calculates and
the SUB display will be updated to your new transmit frequency.
    You can also do this in reverse. If you wish to tune the downlink (and
obtain the correct uplink) you merely put the radio in SUB mode and follow
the same procedure to adjust your transmit frequency in the MAIN window.
    I hope this helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
            73's
        KB9RCA, Eric Pearson