Where to start?

Hello Reflector, I Hope this posting is not unwanted...

I am extremely interested in how students/uni's begin to build satellites, like the
subsystems, such as power, communications, attitude/orbit control and
commands/telemetry computers.

Also with the integration of Digital CCD Camera Array's to do multi-spectral images to
show up vegetation etc...

Could anybody on this reflector possibly tell me a place to start? This is a HARD
question I understand, but every little bit helps...