Re: [sarex] MIR

Mike is RIGHT-

I just came from a ham radio meeting where the President of ARRL
announced that the average ham is 52 yrs old. If we don't keep low tech
(and cost) approaches to this alive, we will run out of people to work
any birds.

Ever seen a school kid looking at a picture just received from MIR SSTV ?
I have.

Also, if Mode A is so outmoded, why is it so busy on RS-13 when I work
it?

Yes, Cliff I have heard all your arguments about "appliance operators",
but I know  a good number of younger hams (including my son) digging into
the tech side of things
after an appliance type "what can I do on a 2M HT?" introduction.

73,
Doug
AB8CJ