RE: Re: [sarex] MIR

Mike your way off base on this!  Mode A was defunct years ago.  Mode J is
just barely surviving.  Dave is stating what we have known for years, that
is that the simplistic approach to satellites simply will not work!!
     It is no different that trying to make a portrait painter out of a
house painter----there just is so much more involved.  Either we accept
this law of Physics or we try and make EMT technicians into heart
surgeons.  When we figure out that "real" ham radio is just this complex,
then we might have a chance at improvement.  Otherwise we simply feed into
the notion that more is better and that the damn HT is really something
other than a damn fool toy, which it is!    Cliff K7RR