Re: Geostationary Satellites?

When I was working on geosync satellites at Hughes in the mid-1960's
there were rumors going around of some talks between Hughes and the
ARRL, but nothing ever came of it.  We did have repeaters just outside
the 2 meter band on the NASA ATS-1 and ATS-3 (a ~12 MHz split
permitted L-C filters for the duplexers.)

Orbital slots weren't a problem then, but launch costs certainly were.

Bob, n7xy

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY (RN2)                    nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ DM42nh  QRP-L #1985  SOC #77    http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen