Re: Geostationary Satellites?

 COST!!!

 I wish I had as much $$$'s as Bill Gates, if so, then we'd have some
geostationary satellites, maybe a moon based repeater... One of these days I
suspect that we will. But can you imagine some of the pileups? It'll sound worse
than 20 meters during a hot weekend contest with great propagation... But
busting pileups is fun, and what the heck, it'll give some amateurs something
else to complain about! While they complain, I'll work the satellite, moon base,
space station, orbiting aliens or whatever DX contact comes my way.

 73, Clinton AB7RG

 P.S. Maybe some commercial satellite buff can tell us the average cost of a
geostationary satellite. I heard once, but forget how much it was. So, rather
than guess, I'll wait and see what one of the guru's posts.