Re: Geostationary Satellites?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:34:48 -0500 Frank Grossman
<71042.1303@compuserve.com> writes:
> Hi Gang...
>
> A friend on a local repeater asked me an interesting question the
> other day.
> Why are there no "geostationary" amateur satellites?  Are any in the
> works?
>
> Frank
> wb2bxo
> AMSAT # 32921

I suppose the main reasons are cost and the fact that geostationary
positions are finite.  There has to be a good reason for putting a sat
that high up and taking up valuable space, that could be making money!

                                   73"
                                        John
                                               KG5ZA
In The Twinkling of a Star,