Re: New Kenwood Satellite Radio?

Alan Biddle (WA4SCA) wrote:

 > Saw this, in part, on one of the news groups.
 >
 > Kenwood will show its new HF-1.2 GHz radio at DAYTON 2000. This radio is
 > designed to compete with the Yaesu FT-847 and Icom 746 type.

Sounds interesting.  I wonder if they will follow everyone else's lead
and leave out the 222-225 MHz band.  (I know, it's not a satellite
band, and sometimes it seems like it's not a terrestrial band either,
but I enjoy it nevertheless.)

Any hints on how to find the posting you referred to?  I suppose one
could surf on over to http://www.dejanews.com and do a keyword search
on KENWOOD and SATELLITE.  But any other specifics you can give might
help us find the info more easily.

 > As always, seeing is believing.  <grin>

And sometimes even seeing isn't enough.  The last time I made it to
a local hamfest, Yaesu was demonstrating their (then) new FT-100.
But the model they had was an engineering prototype that didn't have
most features working yet.  Oh well, the price of rapidly advancing
technology, I guess.

John Toscano (KBØZEV)