Re: Anyone FT-847 and 56002EVM/RI?

on 2/15/00 7:40 PM, Mike73@aol.com at Mike73@aol.com wrote:

> You'll find that the stock TAPR DSP56002EVM/RI doesn't quite have enough
> output drive to get 3 KHz deviation at 9k6. 1k2 transmit is fine as is
> receive at both speeds. On my EVM/RI I removed/jumpered the 1K output pot for
> radio #1. I'm using Doug Braun's 9k6 code and have set my 9k6 modem as
> follows for transmit:

If you don't get enough drive just set the radio to 1200 baud and feed it
like normal.  The only difference between the two settings is on the input.
The 9600 side has a couple buffer amps that the 1200 side doesn't.  Both
modulate the varactor in the VCO.    Take your data out thru the 9600 data
out line (data is sent to BOTH RXD pins (1200 & 9600) on the output
regardless of internal settings).

73,

Jon
KE9NA