From: Jon Ogden [mailto:jono@enteract.com]
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 8:29 PM
To: Stacey Mills; MarkG; John Boudreau; amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Contacts on AO-10

on 2/14/00 6:12 AM, Stacey Mills at w4sm@cstone.net wrote:

> Anyone currently noting polarization on the  downlink or the effect of
> polarization on their uplink??

Yes, by all means.  When I was in QSO with W1BFN last Saturday I had to
constantly change my polarization in order to either get into or hear the
bird.  And it was not at apogee either when we worked, rather it was around
3000 statute miles.  Polarization made a HUGE difference.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden