AO-10 Contacts

Just a quick report on 2 AO-10 contacts that I had last week. They were
with Mike KF4FDJ and  John K6YK. on the 10th and 11th between
1200-1300utc  The satellite was out at approx 40,000 km with an el.of
only  10deg. to me and I was quite surprised to hear it. Fading was
quite bad and we  noticed that the sig. strength would jump up quite
suddenly at times, also the fq. seemed to shift at times (not doppler)
It was also quite evident that when my  sig. peaked to me was not the
same time as when it peaked to Mike or John and visa versa. This along
with the minute or so fade in between made for a couple of interesting
contacts !!!.
  The times the Sat. is over for contacts  will not suit me again for a
while however I will post a message when I will be looking again.
    Due to the lack of activity  on AO-10 I think this is the best way
of getting a few back on the bird, it can get a little boring tuning up
and down for a couple of hours talking to yourself !!!   Think the XYL
wonders at times !!
         See you on Oscar 10.
                          73 de Tony....VK5ZAI.
 ___________________________________
| QTH PARINGA. S.Aust. Grid. QF05jt |
|  VK5ZAI @ VK5BRL.#RIV.#SA.AUS.OC  |
                            |  Email: hutchja@riverland.net.au  |
                            | or Email:   vk5zai@amsat.org      |
   PS.   Check out out the Riverland Radio Clubs Web page
at...
             http://www.riverland.net.au/~rrc/