Re: CQ VKs in AO10 de XE2YVW

Hello Costa,

Regarding your message below:  You have the right idea, but on Oscar 10,
about 90 percent of the time there's nobody on.  Too bad!  But  just
putting out
a general message to try to stir up some activity is not so bad in my
opinion.

You speak of  it being almost like the telephone, well here in the USA
there has
been some criticism of stations actually being on the phone with the
other station
at the time of the "on the air" QSO!!!!!   Like when they are trying to
set some kind
of DX record on some exotic microwave band or something.  That doesn't
sound
like much sport to me either!

Have you ever listened to the "DX Nets" on H.F. ?  That really is  AWFUL!
 But people
do it, they get QSL's, they get DXCC credit.  What can you say?

I agree, it's much more fun to just "catch them", but when there's nobody
to catch,
you have to throw out some bait!

73,
See you on the bird, OM!