Re: Kenwood TM-D700

on 2/9/00 06:26, Luis Martins at luis.martins@ruido-visual.pt wrote:

> Hi!
> Is anyone out there using the Kenwood TM-D700 in the 9600 birds ?
> Any input would be most welcomed.
>
> What about BBSs and DX Clusters ?
>
> As noted before in recent posts in the list, the TH-D7 isn't able to
> work at 9600 for both rx and tx due to rx/tx delays which are quite slow
> for fast rx/tx switching.
>
> Is TM-D700 ok ?

I've not tried it yet, but it's on my list of things to do!

I believe the TM-D700A will work quite well for the 9600 birds since it is
full duplex capable and you will be receiving on two different bands.
Additionally, if you wish to work terrestrial packet, it might work as well
too as you can still do "dual band" work.  If single band 9600 baud
operation doesn't work like as in the TH-D7A, you can always set up the TNC
to work in both bands and then just tune each band to the same frequency.
Then you will be using two VFOs, one for transmitting and one just for
receiving.  On the TM-D700A you can do VHF/VHF and UHF/UHF.  So it should
work.

73,

Jon
KE9NA
The Second Amendment is NOT about duck hunting!

Jon Ogden

jono@enteract.com
www.qsl.net/ke9na