Re: Help FT-847 and HEIL ...

I found early on that the phone jack audio was too low on my 847.  I wanted
to use an outboard DSP unit, a Timewave DSP-9, with the rig, so I just ran
a patch from the speaker out on the back of the rig (8 ohm/plenty of audio)
to the input of the DSP unit.  When I want to use headphones, I just plug
them in to the phone jack on the DSP unit, otherwise audio goes through an
old GE MASTR speaker.

I'm not sure I'd go to the trouble some have posted here.  I didn't like
the fidelity of the internal speaker on the 847, so using the external
speaker jack provides more than enough audio for the DSP unit, which I then
use as a distribution amplifier of sorts.

Just another strategy to consider before you modify your rig.

Now if somebody will tell me how to defeat the AGC circuitry on this rig,
I'd gladly make the mod.  But, that's another story!

73, Mike

                                        __\/__
  |  P  | |f|   * I.S. Professional .............. Computer Consultant *
  |  3  |=|d|   * AO10, AO27, Fujis, RS13, RS15, MIR?, SO35, UO22, ATV *
  |  D  | |j|   * KITSAT,  kf4fdj-9 van tracker, SSTV, MS,  E&F Layers *
  |     | | |   *    Bringing Oscar demos to the Lee County Schools.   *
                                   .oooO   (   )
                                     \_)