Re: Help FT-847 and HEIL ...

Yes I did it , I' ve "unsoldered" the UPPER part of the SMD and cut the
other part ... Very easy...
When you unsolder the upper part of smd , push on it and push it out of the
board ... the other
part of smd is now easier to cut ...
Hope it helps ...
Sorry but it's easier to explain in french ...

At 19:57 08/02/00 +0000, W0FMS wrote:

>I still need to do this to my FT-847--- I wonder, can you just
>crush the resistors with side cutters to knock them out?
>
>Won't be as pretty, but you don't risk melting the front of the
>radio.  But, is there enough room to get them in there to do this?
>
>My rig is a couple months short of a year, and I already did the
>MARS mod, and a Inrad CW filter, so I'm not too afraid of voiding
>the warranty..
>
>Fred W0FMS (AAR7DV)
>
>>From: John Zaruba Jr <jzaruba@snip.net>
>>To: Jon Ogden <jono@enteract.com>
>>CC: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Help FT-847 and HEIL ...
>>Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2000 23:14:18 -0500
>>
>>Hi Jon, MarkG, et al,
>>
>>I took a look inside my 847 and decided that I really didn't want to
>>attack those resistors with a soldering iron in my brand new, still
>>under warranty, radio. I'm going to investigate making an external 4:1
>>matching network to plug into the headphone jack, then plug the headset
>>into the matching network. The way I read the copies of the Yaesu
>>service center email, this is the underlying problem.
>>
>>I'll post when I get something figured out.
>>
>>73 de John AA2BN
>>
>>Jon Ogden wrote:

>> soldering
>> >
>> > It must snap in there some how.  Not really sure though!
>> >
>> > I ended up sticking two soldering irons in the gap as well.  I was
>> loathe to
>> > do it, but I had no choice!  You just gotta be careful!
>> >
>> > 73,
>> >
>> > Jon
>> > KE9NA
>> >
>> > -------------------------------------
>> > Jon Ogden
>> > KE9NA
>> >
>> > Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA
>> >
>> > http://www.qsl.net/ke9na
>> >
>> > "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."
>> >
>> > ----
>> > Via the amsat-bb mailing list at AMSAT.ORG courtesy of AMSAT-NA.
>>----

YANN - F1NGP / FO0NGP
MANAGER : CX8DX - CV1A - EW4DX - EB5/F1NGP - FO0NGP
MEMBER OF ADRASEC, AMSAT-F, CLIPPERTON-DX-CLUB, IOTA, REF-UNION , UFT
AX25 : F1NGP @ F6KMO.FCAL.FRA.EU
TEL : +33.(0)6.11.73.73.73
E-MAIL : f1ngp@wanadoo.fr