Re: Inexpensive 436 FM receiver?

Hello Jon.

07 Feb 00 20:36, you wrote to ALL:

 JO> The Radio Shack HTX-404 can be bought used for about $100.  It can be
 JO> modified very easily (via a button combo) to transmit and receive all
 JO> the way down to 430 MHz.  It is also a radio you can work on as it is
 JO> a much bigger size than the mini-HT's of today.  It seems to have a
 JO> good RX as well.

I find HTs in general tend to be quite sensitive.  Here in VK, it's a little
easier, as our gear comes with 430-440 MHz enabled for Tx (as this is our voice
segment).  However, many rigs can be modified quite easily for Tx outside the
factory set limits.

Tony

.. re out our own code.  System crashed.