Inexpensive 436 FM receiver?

A while ago there was a discussion concerning the conversion of an
inexpensive (cheap) portable handi-talkie for reception of the 436 down links
of the FM sats...

I think it was in reference to 9600 baud conversion..

well I am in need of an inexpensive receiver for this band and am willing to
modify a rig to do it.....I don't think I am interested in using a "scanner"
type radio because they tend not to be too sensitive...and 9600 baud isn't
necessary at this time...

I would appreciate any input or ideas...

If you are not comfortable recommending a particular radio on the BB please
email me direct @    Rogerkola@aol.com

Thanks in advance!

Roger
WA1KAT