Tnx from W1B!

Thanks to all that worked our Special Event Station W1B again this year. I
found myself not operating quite as much as I wanted to, however the time was
well spent explaining satellite operation to many folks that showed up. I
converted at least one "die hard HF'er" <grin>.

We ran analog and digital this year. I was using a completely different radio
system from past years. The radio was a Yaesu FT-847. Tracking and tuning was
done with Uni_Trac via DDE with Nova for Win 2.0x and also running DX4WIN
4.06 for logging. For digital, FT-847, Motorola DSP56002EVM-RI and Uni_Trac
doing tracking and tuning via DDE with WiSP. My 300 MHz Pentium II laptop was
busy!! The antenna system was unchanged from last year with a G-5400B rotor
on my portable crankup tower, KLM short boom cross yagis, SSB preamps on 2M
and 70cm and Teletec amps.

I was disappointed with our RS bird performance this year. I was unable to
complete a sked with Dan, OK1DIG on RS-13 and I could not hear RS-15! We
tried using a 3el 10M beam with rotor, but it didn't perform as well as my
KB6KQ 10M loop and Turnstile combination at the home QTH.

The final log shows 107 analog contacts. As posted previously, QSL via N1PDV
or N1JEZ callbook address is fine.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649