Re: dbs dish and lnb

greg wrote:

> well i hooked my dbs dish up to my icom R7000 rcvr and tuned around 500 mhz
> to 800 mhz and i have found several analog video feeds no sound just
> scrambled pic. now i need to know what these lnb down convert to

Hello,

Well with a DBS LNB the 12.2 - 12.7 GHz signal gets converted down to 950-1450
MHz.  You were going into the regular US Ku band when it is below 950 and you
may have been receiving feeds on the GE4 satellite that is co-located
with the DirecTV DBS birds at 101W.

Ku satellite uses wideband FM for analog video like C Band but the video
polarity is reversed.  Reversed video can look like it is encrypted.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU