Re: Help FT-847 and HEIL ...

Greetings,

The resistors are actually 2.2 ohm ones. They were added as an
afterthought during earlier production as tacked-on leaded
resistors. Didn't even show up on the schematic of rigs well into
1998. Now they're using chip resistors.

I found that replacing the 2.2 ohm ones with 10 ohm ones gave me
better matching between the speaker and phones. One problem
with this rig is that certain tones (monitor, sidetone) are set only via
menu, so there will always be an irritating mismatch unless you
get a reasonable match on the voltage divider on the board.

This is discussed in some detail on the FAQs page of the Unofficial
FT-847 web site.

http://www.en.com/users/rayd/ft-847/wwwboard/wwwboard.html

73, Jay

W1EMT in Waterbury Center, Vermont, USA