Re: 2000 AMSAT-NA meeting date?

Paul Williamson wrote:

> At 02:43 PM 2/3/00 +0000, you wrote:
> >Is there a fairly firm date picked for this year's meeting?
>
> Yes. It's on http://www.amsat.org/amsat/sympos00.html.
>
> October 27 - 29, 2000
> Holiday Inn West
> 81 Riverside
> Portland, Maine

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

I suppose with it only two hours away I should try to attend this year 8->.
Also with the later date it does not conflict with Canadian Thanksgiving
so I can go up to beautiful Cape Breton beforehand!

Maine can be beautiful that time of year.  Nearby Boston is a nice city to
visit and seems to be a popular vacation destination with Europeans.  Our
sights include one of the biggest and longest lasting road construction
projects in the US called "The Big Dig".  You may have seen it on TV.
Not to worry about getting around with all the construction as the
downtown is "compact", and there is a decent rapid transit and bus system.
You can get from the Airport to downtown very easily.  The Science Museum is
pretty good and has a Planetarium and Omni Theatre.

Some Boston News and Info
http://www.boston.com/

MBTA (Boston Area Subway and Bus Info)
http://www.mbta.com/

Boston Museum of Science (including Boston Computer Museum stuff)
http://www.mos.org/

One of the many big dig sites (this is the official one).
http://www.bigdig.com/

I hope P3D will be up and I will be playing with the high speed digital
transponder by October.

73 Eric eac@shore.net  WB1HBU