Re: Picosat heard? [was: "StenSat may be Released ThisMorning..."]

This morning at 05:40 PST, we attempted to launch picosatellites.
As many of you have heard, Opal's transmitter has developed a spurious
audio signal around 2800Hz that is corrupting the downlink.  We are
unable to decode any packets.  However, it is transmitting.  There
are two beacons:

	1) Short pulse every ten seconds.
	2) Longer pulse approximately every minute.

Unfortunately, Opal may sound similar to JAK so listen carefully.  Due
to unknown reasons, Artemis chose to use the same frequency as us.

Opal appears to be receiving appropriately.  It distinctly attempts to
respond to connects but we cannot decode them.  So, we are attempting to
fake Opal's response with our prototype Opal and in doing so, fake out
our ground station into thinking it is connected.  Thus our prototype
will provide the acks that our ground station needs.  Preliminary testing
shows this works, and we're doing more testing now to confirm.

So, there may be a possibility they launched this morning.  We have
no way of knowing other than Picosat monitoring.

Keep your ears open and let us know if you hear anything.  We'll be
trying/listening again this evening.

--Jamie
jwc@stanford.edu