Re: DBS lnb and dish

On Sat, 5 Feb 2000, greg wrote:

> will the lnb and dish work for 10.4 gigs for ham sats i am able to get alot
> of these :) since i install echostar and driectv

No one has worekd up a mod yet, but with millions of these being trashed I
sure wish I could get my hands on the junk.  I called all the local
installers, and none of them bring back the old obsolete PRIMESTAR dishes.
They just leave them for the customer to throw away.  I tired to convince
them to bring them back to the shop for me to make a big pile, but of
course, what am I willing to pay?  Not much....

But it is a heck of a lot of good microwave technology being trashed.  I
figure if we HAMS colletc them, somone will figure out a use for them...
But I dont know how to get them without knocking on doors....  ANd if you
knowck on their door, then they think it must be worth something and wont
give it away...

bob