Re: AMSAT: 38K4

on 2/4/00 3:17 PM, John Boudreau at john@newnorth.ca wrote:

>> With regard to a modem that will handle 38k4 downlinks, there may be
>> several options.  I've been told that a standard G3RUH 9k6 FSK modem can be
>> adapted to run at this speed.  There's also been discussion that a
>> DSP56002EVM board is capable (just) of running at this rate and some
>> software may be available for this modem on the TAPR web site. I have not
>> pursued either of these solutions, so I can't comment further.

If someone has the skills the build a modem and assuming that what you need
is a modem for GMSK modulation, MX-Com has a really nice chip that will do
all you need and will run at speeds up to 200 Kbits/sec.  It is the MX589.
You can find it on their web page at www:mxcom.com.

73,

Jon
KE9NA

Jon Ogden