Re: coax types

on 2/4/00 1:14 PM, Mike West at wl7bqm@gci.net wrote:

> I'm installing a Symek IFD board into a FT-736R. They call for 50 ohm PTFE
> insulated coax cables. I can't find a thing on (PTFE). Is that anything like
> RG-174 ???
>
> Thanks, mike WL7BQM

PTFE is a low loss teflon dielectric.  I forget the actual name (PTFE is
actually a chemical name).  But most PTFE dielectrics are in cables such as
that made by Gore, etc.  They are typically very low loss for
VHF/UHF/microwave work.  I don't really know why you would need specifically
PTFE as any 50 Ohm cable will work just fine.  For hooking up a board RF-174
should be fine.

73,

Jon
KE9NA