RE: 2.4GHz Test Signals

Dave,

Was looking thru some past issues of QST and came across an article entitled
: " A Phase 3D Jump Start" , Nov. 1997, pgs 57-58, wherein the author claims
that testing a 2.4GHz receive setup was a "piece of cake", as there are two
satellites in orbit that everyone has access to  re: 2.4 GHz test signals:

Namely,  OSCAR -17 (Dove) transmits a beacon at 2401.220 GHz, and UoSAT-
OSCAR-11 does the same at 2401.500 GHz.

If these birds are still functioning, you may be able to use them, and
hopefully- knowing that these two birds had 2.4GHz signals, you may be able
to find QST or AMSAT articles on them - which will give you futher details
re: the beacon EIRP and polarization.

All the Best,
73, Jim (N6MV)