Re: GSFC keps: Names/cat num/inter. ID

 Jim White writes:

> The booster *should* have kicked some out to the sides, top/bottom, and
> Falconsat out to the front (along the velocity vector).

I just calculated the time differences in ascending node. I'm happy to let
someone else work out the longitude and altitude differences; too much math
for me. But, if anyone wants to play, put the elements into IT then hit the
button for derived data and make comparisons between the objects.

> We don't
> think Falconsat is the lead object, but I would be surprised if that object
> was the 4th stage.

Whatever the lead object is, it got at least five times the separation kick
that the others got. And, as others have said, orbital dynamics may discount
my idea that they were fired backwards.

> The optical guys at Starfire no doubt know exactly
> which one their balloon is.

I should hope so, the balloon is 3.5m (11ft 6inches) wide; they should tell
The Mountain what they are seeing (... but would they listen ?)

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
g3rwl@amsat.org
FOC # 1188