Artemis Picosatellites

Hi, my name is Corina Hu, and I was a part of a group of students at Santa
Clara University that built three picosatellites last year as our senior
design project.  We are three of the six picosatellites that are inside of
Stanford's OPAL microsatellite which was launch from Vandenberg AFB 1/26.
To find out more about OPAL, which is currently in orbit, you can check
out their webpage at http://ssdl.stanford.edu/opal

The downlink of the three picosatellites are as follows:
   - JAK:               437.1MHz
                        Morse Code transmission
   - Thelma and Louise: 437.1MHz
                        FM, FSK

We would be interested to see if HAMs around the world will be able to
pick up the transmission from these tiny spacecraft.  The physical
dimensions for these picosatellites are 1"x3"x4" for JAK and 1"x3"x8" for
Thelma and Louise.

The exact date of picosatellite ejection from OPAL has yet to be
determined.  It could be as early as this evening with JAK, or anytime
within the next couple of weeks.  Please check our website at
http://screem.engr.scu.edu/artemis for updates.  If you're able to receive
the signal from the picosats, we would appreciate it if you would contact
us at artemis_picosatellite@hotmail.com

We will also keep a log file on our webpage of all the contacts made.

Thank you!

-Corina
  kf6rbf