Re: (Fwd) Re: Transverters with *70cm* IF's

on 2/2/00 8:45 AM, Dave Metz at Dave.Metz@mut1.muscanet.com wrote:

>> a dual helix feed for 1.2 and 5.6 gHz uplink for P3D .    All of my
>> desire has not been put to final design by a long shot.
>
> I suspect that 5.6Ghz will be a long time coming.  I am sure that someone will
> come up with a very small antenna for that band.  Maybe even a phased
> array type FLAT antenna.  There is a huge need for that type of antenna for
> those of us that live in areas with antenna zoning restrictions.
> There are a lot of us that need something that can be mounted flat on the
> roof.
> I wonder if anyone is working on that problem?

5.6 GHz antennas can be done VERY easily in a panel type phased array of
patches.  And they can be done cheaply as well.  With more and more stuff
coming into the ISM bands around 5.6 GHZ, we can expect to see some antennas
usable by us hams there as well.

73,

Jon
KE9NA