NASA Logo

what year did NASA change their logo to the current design? I have an old
NASA item with the logo on it and am trying to come up with an approximate
date for it. I figured that someone here might know.

Jeff

               --        Deputy Jeff Johns - W4JEF        --
               --  Jefferson County Sheriff's Department  --
               --         Birmingham, Alabama USA         --
               --         Email: jeffj@hiwaay.net         --
               --   Address all complaints to /dev/null   --